fanfics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fanfics

This is a fan Fic Site, Post all your stories here and have fun.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Hogwarts SchoolHogwarts School  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Persephone's FanFic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Persephone Lestrange

Persephone Lestrange

Persephone's FanFic Empty
PostSubject: Persephone's FanFic   Persephone's FanFic I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:18 am

Escaping

Cassidy walked up the steps as she dreaded on what she had to do. She has been a slave to pirates for most of her life and they some times make her do difficult tasks. If Cassidy refused she would get punished. Mostly she would get whipped.

Cassidy walked onto the deck of the ship and awaited her orders. She had dark red hair that went a little below her chin. She wore a dirty white dress that was ripped at the bottom and tan pants that covered her rat bites. Since the pirates made Cassidy sleep in the lowest deck with all the rats she gets bitten.

The captain of the ship walked up to Cassidy with a smirk on his face. "Did you sleep well?" He asked; Cassidy didn't answer. "I thought you did. Today I want you to clean the whole ship from stem to stern."

"I did that yesterday."

"It doesn't hurt to clean it again." Then the captain walked off. One of the crew members came up to Cassidy and put a bucket of water at her feet and then walked off; Cassidy sighed.

Cassidy started washing the ship starting from the back and working to the front. A few times one of the pirates would mess up an area where Cassidy had just cleaned and then she would have to clean it again.

After many hours Cassidy was finally finished. Her hands were red and sore and she was hungry. Cassidy went over to the crew who were eating. "Are you finished cleaning?" One of the pirates asked.

"Yes."

"And now you're hungry?" Cassidy nodded. "Well too bad. There isn't enough for you. Now go away."

Cassidy just stood there for a minute. Then she headed back below deck. Before she got too far the captain came out from his quarters. "Cassidy, why don't you join me." He said as he walked back in; Cassidy followed. "So, are you done with your cleaning?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes...sir."

The captain sat at a table and started eating. "Are you hungry?" Cassidy didn't answer because she knew what was coming. "Too bad you can't have any. Maybe the crew will share some with you."

The captain would always taunt Cassidy with food. He would have her sit in his room while he ate and of course Cassidy would be hungry, but she would never show it. Cassidy didn't know how much more she could take so she made a decision. At night when everyone is sleeping she would make her escape.

After the captain told Cassidy she could go she went below deck and sighed. Cassidy was hungry, but she wouldn't let the pirates know that. She wouldn't let the pirates know anything.

That night Cassidy slowly and quietly made her way to the upper deck. A few times Cassidy thought one of the pirates was going to wake up, but he was just tossing in his sleep.

Cassidy got on the upper deck and went to lower one of the boats, but she forgot about one thing. "Hey, what are you doing up here?" A pirate asked as he walked over to Cassidy. Cassidy forgot about the one pirate that was at the helm.

"I was just getting some fresh air."

"Well, you got some air. Now go back below deck."

Okay, but i want to do one more thing."

"And that would be?"

"This." Cassidy punched the pirate in the face and knocked him out.

Cassidy got in the boat and started lowering it. Once it was in the water she started rowing and hoped that she got to land before the pirates realized she was one. Once Cassidy knew she was a good distance from the pirates she took a break from rowing, but she soon fell asleep.

The next day Cassidy woke up and looked around; she saw land not far off so she started rowing. When Cassidy got on land she thought it was too good to be true. It had been so long since she had last been on land. She knelled down and took a handful of sand; she had almost forgot what sand felt like. She let the sand pour out of her hand and then she started walking.

Cassidy was so amazed about being on land again that she forgot that she was hungry...well, until her stomach growled. She didn't have any money and she didn't bring food with her because she didn't want to risk getting caught.

She had two options. She could steal food from someone or she could go through the garbage and find something. Since it's day time most people are out and will see if Cassidy stole she she decided to look through the garbage.Sure she hated the thought of doing that, but what choice does she have? She would mst likely get caught if she stole during the day.

Cassidy walked awhile before she she found an alley with some garbage. She walked over there and was disgusted by it, but it was this, steal and get caught or starve to death. Cassidy took a deep breath and then started looking through the garbage . Cassidy soon found a half eat apple with bugs on it. She got disgusted and threw it to the ground.

"Forget it." She said as she sat down. "I'd rather starve to death.

"Maybe I can help." Someone said. Cassidy looked up and saw a man and a woman who looked to be in their twenties. "I'm Elizabeth and this is my fiance Will. We were walking by and heard you saying you would rather stave to death."

"Yeah, I did. Not even a rat would eat this garbage."

"We can take you back to our house and get you something."

"Why would you do that?" Cassidy asked as she stood up. "You don't know me. I'm sure there are other people who don't have food so why don't you go help one of them?" Then Cassidy walked off.

Cassidy didn't understand why those people wanted to help her. They don't know her so why would they want to help?

As Cassidy was walking around she saw kids and their families and wondered what it was like to have a family. Cassidy's family was torn apart when she was young and so she grew up by herself. (Not including the pirates that made her a slave)

Cassidy was so wrapped up in her thoughts and lost track of time and before she knew it it was night fall. She decided now would be a perfect time to steal food. She walked around until she saw a stand with food on it. She waited until the man at the stand turned around so she could make her move. The man turned around and Cassidy ran to the stand, grabbed as much food as she could and ran. The man turned around and saw her running off with the food. "THIEF!" He yelled.

Cassidy soon heard footsteps behind her and assumed the man had called the guards or soldiers or whatever they are here. Cassidy ran almost around the whole town and still the soldiers were after her. "Just for stealing fod?" Cassidy said as she hid behind a building. "I don't want to know what they do if you kill someone."

Cassidy put the food down because now she was more worried about getting away from the soldiers then eating. She looked around the building to make sure the coast was clear and it was so she started running, but where she didn't know.

She ran for awhile and then stopped to catch her breath. Suddenly someone put their hand on Cassidy's shoulder and she slowly turned around to see the soldiers had caught up to her. "Leaving so soon?" The soldier asked.

"Actually yeah." Cassidy said as she shrugged the soldiers hand away. "I've got places to go and people to hide from."

Cassidy turned to leave, but the soldiers grabbed her arm. "I'm afraid you will have to do that another time. You have plans to go to prison."

"Mmmmm sorry, don't like that plan."

Cassidy tried to pull away, but the soldier had a tight grip on her arm. Another soldier came up and cuffed her. "Sorry, but you don't have a choice."

Cassidy sat in prison wondering what they would do to her. They can't keep her locked up forever...can they? Cassidy looked over at the dog who held the keys in his mouth. "I don't suppose you will let me out?" The dog walked away. "Didn't think so. Well, on the bright side the pirates can't get me."

Cassidy leaned against the wall and sighed. She wondered how her life turned out this way. How her mother died and her father abandoned her and how the pirates kidnapped her. Cassidy remembered her mother saying things will get worse before they get better, but things have gotten worse and nothing is getting better.

Cassidy remembered something and took out a pin from her hair; she went over to the lock. She stuck her hand out, put the pin in the lock and moved it around. Soon Cassidy heard a clicking noise and she pushed the prison door open. "I knew learning to pick locks would come in handy one day." She said as she stood up and headed out.

She slowly opened the door to get out of prison and saw two soldiers standing guard; Cassidy sighed. Cassidy walked out of the door and the soldiers asked how she got out. Cassidy ignored them and punched them in the face and then ran.

Cassidy walked around town not even paying attention to where she was going. She was still hungry and thought she would pass out any minute. She then bumped into someone and looked up to see who it was. It was the Elizabeth girl who tried to help Cassidy earlier. "Are you all right?" She asked.

"Fine." Cassidy mumbled and continued walking.

"Did you find something to eat?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm just trying to help."

"Well, I don't need your help.

Cassidy took a few steps and then stopped; she felt dizzy. Cassidy shook it off and continued walking, but she didn't get to far before she collapsed. Elizabeth ran over to her and saw that she was unconscious.

Last edited by Persephone Lestrange on Sun May 25, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Persephone Lestrange

Persephone Lestrange

Persephone's FanFic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persephone's FanFic   Persephone's FanFic I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Learning to Trust

Cassidy slowly opened her eyes and found herself in a bed. She sat up and looked around the room. Cassidy thought it was fit for royalty.

Just then the door opened and Elizabeth walked in with clothes in her hand. "Good morning." She said; Cassidy said nothing. "How are you feeling?"

"Uh, fine." Cassidy answered.

"I brought up some clothes for you. I hope they fit. After you finished getting dressed we can go downstairs and eat breakfast." Elizabeth looked at Cassidy who was just staring at her. "What?"

"Why are you being nice to me? What do you want in return?"

"Nothing except maybe your friendship."

"Friendship? We shall see."

Cassidy got out of bed and took the clothes from Elizabeth. she went behind a changing wall and looked at the clothes. It was a dark blue dress. It wasn't anything fancy just a casual dress. The last dress Cassidy remembered wearing was when she was eight.

Cassidy finished getting dressed and she and Elizabeth went downstairs. Cassidy couldn't get over how big the house was. "Is your family royalty?"

Elizabeth laughed a little. "No, my father is the governor."

"So where is your um, fiance was was it?"

"Will. He is out at the moment."

Cassidy and Elizabeth arrived in the dining room and sat at the table as the maids put the breakfast on the table. Cassidy started eating and since she never ate with utensils she ate with her hands; the maids stare at her.

"What are you looking at?" Cassidy asked when she saw the maids looking at her.

"That will be all. Thank you." Elizabeth said to the maids.

After they were done eating they went outside to find Will. Cassidy was keeping an eye out for the soldiers since they most likely know she escaped. "Um...by the way my name is Cassidy."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Cassidy.

Will was working at the blacksmith shop when he heard the door open. he turned around and saw someone he never would have expected. "Jack, what are you doing here?" Will asked as he put the sword he was working on down.

"I wouldn't be here unless I had no other choice."

"What do you need help with now?"

"Finding a map to a treasure every pirate is looking for."

"How can I help you find this map? It could be anywhere."

"Well, that's why I need your help."

"As I said: How can I help you find the map? And what's so special about this treasure that has every pirate looking for it?"

Before Jack could answer the door opened and Cassidy and Elizabeth walked in. "You're friends with a pirate?" Cassidy said when she saw Jack. "I knew you couldn't be trusted."

"Cassidy wait." Elizabeth said, but Cassidy already ran away; Elizabeth ran after her.

Cassidy ran for awhile, but then she saw some soldiers. "I don't need this right now." She said as she went to turn around, but she ran into Elizabeth. Cassidy grabbed Elizabeth's hand and pulled her behind a building.

"Cassidy, what's wrong?"

"The soldiers are looking for me."

"Why?"

"Because I stole food last night, got caught and escaped, okay?" Cassidy stood there for a minute, thinking. She could either let the soldiers capture her and she can say in prison. Or she could go back with Elizabeth and then the pirate will do who knows what to her. "I'm going back to prison."

Cassidy started walking to the soldiers, but Elizabeth grabbed her arm. "Why? We can help you."

"Let's see going back to a pirate or being in prison? Prison is looking pretty good right now."

"Jack isn't all bad. He can be a little...out there, but he isn't like most pirates."

"A pirate is a pirate. They are all the same."

"If you won't trust Jack then trust me. Let me help you."

"You're friends with a pirate. How can I trust someone who is friends with a pirate?"

"You will just have to come with me and find out."

Cassidy looked over at the soldiers and then back at Elizabeth. Cassidy sighed. "All right, I'll...go with you."

Elizabeth smiled and then she and Cassidy walked back to the blacksmith shop. When they got there Will and Jack were arguing about something. "What are you two arguing about this time?" Elizabeth asked.

"Jack wants help finding a map to a treasure." Will answered. "A treasure that all pirates want, but he won't tell me what the treasure is."

A treasure that all pirates want? Cassidy thought. Of course he is looking for that treasure. I knew all pirates were the same.

"How are we suppose to know where the map is?" Elizabeth asked.

"I know a girl has it. Does that help?" Jack said.

"Oh yeah Jack, let's just stop every girl and ask if she has the map." Will said sarcastically.

"Would you?" Will and Elizabeth shook their heads.

Cassidy was debating whether to tell Elizabet that she has the map. Of course that pirate will find out and want the map. Or Will and Elizabeth will want to find the treasure, but they don't know what it is so why would they be interested in treasure?

Cassidy was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Jack say, "I heard the girls name is Cassie. No, Casey. Cassidy. That's it. Her name is Cassidy. Where have I heard that name before?"

Elizabeth looked at Cassidy who was glaring at Jack. "Cassidy, is he talking about you?" Elizabeth whispered.

Cassidy looked at Elizabeth with sad eyes. "Yes, it's true. I'm not about to tell that pirate though."

Just then they heard gunshots and people yelling. They all ran outside and saw pirates terrorizing everything. Cassidy's eyes widened in fear as she saw who the pirates were. Elizabeth noticed and asked Cassidy what was wrong.

"Those pirates are after me." Cassidy said, not taking her eyes off the pirates.

"They know you have the-"

"Yes."

Before Cassidy or anyone could do anything one of the pirates came up to them. "Well, well Cassidy, it's good to see you again."

"Can't say the same to you, Captain Flint." Cassidy said Captain Flint with as much hate and anger as she could.

"If you come with me now I won't hurt your friends."

"They are not my friends."

"So you wouldn't mind if I killed them?"

Cassidy didn't think of Elizabeth and Will as her friends, but she didn't want to see innocent people get hurt. She kicked Flint in the stomach and then started running with Elizabeth, Will and Jack right behind her.

"Where are you going?" Elizabeth asked.

"Away." Cassidy answered. Cassidy finally stopped at the docks and looked around. "If I leave then the pirates will stop terrorizing this place."

"You can't go alone." Will said. "What if the pirates chase after you?"

"They will, but I can handle them myself."

"Cassidy, you're the one who has the map." Jack said suddenly.

"So what if I do? You going to kill me for it?" Cassidy glared at Jack.

"No, but maybe you can lead me to the treasure."

"Forget it. I will go to the treasure myself and destroy it."

"What? Why?"

"Do you even know what the treasure is?"

"Not really, no."

"Good because you will never find out.

"Cassidy, let us help you." Elizabeth said. "I can see you have a hard time trusting people, but I promise you can trust us." Elizabeth looked at Jack and then back at Cassidy. "Well, at least Will and I. Please let us help you."

Cassidy sighed. "Fine, but I'm keeping an eye on him." Cassidy said as she pointed to Jack.

"Great, now on to the ship." Jack said as he headed towards his ship followed by the other three.

Cassidy wondered if she could really trust these people, bu it looked like she didn't have a choice. If they tried anything though Cassidy could handle herself. She remembered when she was ten she escaped from the pirates on an island and she met a woman named Marie. Marie hid Cassidy from the pirates and fought them when they refused to leave.

For the next few years Marie raised Cassidy and trained her to fight. Marie knew the pirates would come back so that's why she decided to train Cassidy. Just like Marie thought the pirates came back and eventually killed Marie. Cassidy tried her hardest to fight the pirates, but in the end she got captured once again.

Once they were on the ship Jack started yelling order. Cassidy stood at the side of the ship and watched the town as the ship sailed away. Soon the pirates will know she left and will be after her.

Elizabeth walked over to Cassidy and asked if she was okay. "I'm fine." Cassidy mumbled.

"I don't know what you have been through to make you not trust people, but you have to trust someone eventually."

"No I don't."

"What's so bad about trusting people?"

Cassidy was silent for a moment before she spoke. "People betray you. In the end you are always betrayed by the people you trust."

"I would never betray you and neither would Will. I hope one day you can understand that." Then Elizabeth walked away.

Cassidy sighed. Does she really need to trust someone in this world? Or can she get by with just trusting herself? It seems Cassidy will never know unless she gives it a try.

Cassidy walked over to Elizabeth who was talking to Will and Jack. "All right, I will give this trust thing a try." Cassidy said. "Though I will never trust a pirate."

"Wise choice." Jack said.

Elizabeth smiled. "I'm glad you decided to give us a chance. You will see that you can always trust us."

"We shall see." Then Cassidy walked off.
Back to top Go down

Persephone's FanFic
Page 1 of 1